LEARN ABOUT LAMBIC – HOSTED BY GREG ENGERT
SUNDAY, APRIL 22ND @ 1 PM
The Sovereign cordially invites you to Learn About Lambic on Sunday, April 22nd. Join us on this day for a private Lambic tasting hosted by our very own Beer Director, Greg Engert.
Beginning at 1 PM, Engert will guide guests through a tasting of spontaneously fermented ales from five of the top Belgian Lambic producers. Join us as we explore the flavors, techniques & history of traditional Lambic brewing in Belgium, showcasing rare, hard to find selections from Cantillon, Drie Fonteinen, Tilquin, Girardin & De Cam.
Learn About Lambic begins at 1 PM. Tickets for the private tasting are $60, inclusive of gratuity. Each guest will receive five 4 oz. tasters of Belgian Lambic. Reservations can be made via https://learnaboutlambic.eventbrite.com.
THE OFFICIAL LEARN ABOUT LAMBIC BEER LIST
- Cantillon Fou'Foune 2017 (Lambic w/ Apricots)
- De Cam Oude Lambiek 2017 (Gueuze)
- Drie Fonteinen Cuvée Armand & Gaston 2017 (Gueuze)
- Girardin Kriek 1882, Vintage 2015 (Kriek Lambic)
- Tilquin Oude Quetsche à l'Ancienne 2013/2014 (Lambic w/ Plums)
THE ALLAGASH COOLSHIP BASH – 20 BEERS: COOLSHIP RED, BELFIUS, SAISON GRATIS + MORE!
WEDNESDAY, MAY 9TH @ 5 PM
Join The Sovereign on May 9th, as we welcome the fine folks from Allagash Brewing Company. On this night, we’ll showcase 20 different beers from the Portland, ME brewery – including rare kegs of Coolship Red, Belfius & Saison Gratis!
Back in 2007, Allagash became the first American craft brewery to install their very own coolship. This unique fermentation vessel, shaped like a wide, shallow brownie pan, is most famously used to produce the legendary Lambics of Belgium. We are beyond thrilled to showcase 3 incredibly special beers that have come out of Allagash’s famed coolship.
Headlining the list is Coolship Red, inspired by traditional Belgian Framboise Lambic. Fermented in the coolship with naturally occurring yeast and microflora, this beer is then aged over 2 years in French oak wine barrels with Maine-grown raspberries.
Not to be outdone, we’ll also pour Belfius, which is blend of their house Saison and with oak-aged Coolship beer; and Saison Gratis, a rustic farmhouse ale that is dry-hopped in the coolship and open fermented with Saison yeast.
There is no admission fee for this event. All Allagash beers will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. taster pours.
THE OFFICIAL ALLAGASH COOLSHIP BASH BEER LIST
- Astrid (Aquavit BA Saison w/ Brett; Draft)
- Belfius (Oak BA Spontaneous & Saison; Draft)
- Confluence 2017 (Strong Blond Ale w/ Brett; Draft)
- Coolship Red (Oak BA Wild Ale w/ Raspberry; Draft)
- Curieux (Bourbon BA Tripel; Draft)
- Evora 2015 (Brandy BA Sour Blond Ale; BTL Pour)
- Fluxus 2017 (Saison w/ Rhubarb & Brett; Draft)
- Helena 2016 (Oak BA Sour Red Ale; BTL Pour)
- Hibernal Fluxus 2016 (Stout w/ Fig; Draft)
- Hibernal Fluxus 2017 (Stout w/ Lactose; Draft)
- Hoppy Table Beer (Blond Ale; Draft)
- Interlude 2016 (Red Wine BA Strong Pale Ale; Draft)
- James Bean (Bourbon BA Tripel w/ Coffee; Draft)
- Midnight Brett 2013 (Sour Brown Ale; BTL Pour)
- Saison Gratis (Coolship Dry-Hopped Saison; Draft)
- Shiro’s Delight (Oak BA Saison w/ Plum & Pluerry; Draft)
- Sixteen Counties (Strong Blond Ale; Draft)
- St. Klippenstein (Bourbon BA Imperial Stout; Draft)
- Tiarna 2013 (Oak BA Sour Blond Ale; BTL Pour)
- White (Witbier; Draft)