AN EVENING WITH PATRICK RUE & THE BRUERY
THURSDAY, JANUARY 18TH @ 5 PM
Join us at The Sovereign on Thursday, January 18th as we host our good friend Patrick Rue, founder of The Bruery. On this night, we’ll feature 13 different beers from the Southern California brewery, poured alongside the man who started it all!
Founded in 2008, The Bruery is a boutique craft brewery known for their barrel-aged ales and innovate takes on Belgian-style beers. Over the years, the company has grown to include Bruery Terreux, specializing in farmhouse-style wild and sour ales, and Offshoot Beer Co., producers of fresh, hop forward beers. This month, The Bruery opens their very first East Coast location right here in Washington, DC, a bottle shop and member fulfillment center located next to Union Market.
In honor of this occasion, The Bruery has sent us special kegs of Ngongo, Bouffon and The Wanderer. Not to be outdone, we’ll also showcase two hard-to-find IPAs from Offshoot, Hold My Beer and Hop Luck, plus 5 vintage bottle pours from our cellar!
There is no admission fee for this event. All Bruery beers will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. tasting pours.
THE OFFICIAL EVENING WITH PATRICK RUE BEER LIST
- The Bruery 10 Lords-A-Leaping (Strong Dark Ale w/ Orange, Apple & Spices)
- Bruery Terreux Bouffon (Oak BA Witbier; Jester King Collab)
- Bruery Terreux Ngongo (Oak BA Saison w/ Honey & Chamomile; Garage Project Collab)
- Bruery Terreux Frucht Lemon: & Cherry (Oak BA Berliner Weisse w/ Lemon & Cherry)
- Bruery Terreux Frucht: Raspberry (Oak BA Berliner Weisse w/ Raspberry)
- Bruery Terreux The Wanderer (Wine BA Sour Red Ale w/ Blackberry & Cherry)
- Bruery Terreux Rueuze 2015 (Oak BA Sour Blond Ale; BTL Pour)
- Bruery Terreux Humulus Terreux 2015 (Brett IPA; BTL Pour)
- Bruery Terreux Oude Tart 2015 (Wine BA Sour Red Ale; BTL Pour)
- Bruery Terreux Tonnellerie Rue 2015 (Oak BA Saison w/ Rye; BTL Pour)
- Bruery Terreux Beret 2015 (Witbier w/ Raspberry; BTL Pour)
- Offshoot Hold My Beer (IPA w/ Simcoe, Citra & Motueka Hops)
- Offshoot Hop Luck (IPA w/ Simcoe, Mosaic, Amarillo & Centennial Hops)
THE JESTER KING RARE & OBSCURE SHOWCASE AT THE SOVEREIGN
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 31ST @ 5 PM
Join The Sovereign on Wednesday, January 31st for a very special evening with Jester King Brewery. On this night, we will feature no less than 15 different beers from our friends in Austin, TX!
The fine folks at Jester King have sent us an incredible lineup for this event. Headlining the list are rarely seen kegs of Montmorency vs. Balaton, a barrel-aged Sour Red Ale re-fermented on Michigan cherries; and Super Ultramega Hyperforce; a farmhouse ale brewed with ginger, salt, tarragon and Texas-grown cantaloupes.
Not to be outdone, we’re also pouring 4 very special bottles of barrel-aged fruited sours by the glass. The list includes Aurelian Lure, Blanc du Bois, Colour Five and Nocturn Chrysalis.
Rounding out the lineup are 6 of our personal favorites from Jester King, including Snorkel, Wytchmaker and Le Petite Prince. All 6 of these featured bottles will be offered at half the regular menu price for the evening!
There is no admission fee for this event. All Jester King drafts and bottle pours will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. tasting pours. Featured bottles will be offered at 50% of the regular menu price.
THE OFFICIAL JESTER KING SHOWCASE LIST
- Montmorency vs. Balaton (Oak BA Sour Red Ale w/ Cherry; Draft)
- Super Ultramega Hyperforce (Saison w/ Ginger, Tarragon & Cantaloupe; Draft)
- Figlet (Saison w/ Smoked Figs; Draft)
- Provenance: Lemon & Lime (Saison w/ Lemon & Lime; Draft)
- RU55 (Oak BA Sour Red Ale; Draft)
- Aurelian Lure (Oak BA Sour Blond Ale w/ Apricot; BTL Pour)
- Blanc du Bois (Oak BA Sour Blond Ale w/ White Wine Grapes; BTL Pour)
- Colour Five (Oak BA Sour Red Ale w/ Blueberry; BTL Pour)
- Nocturn Chrysalis (Oak BA Sour Red Ale w/ Blackberry; BTL Pour)
- Ambree (Mixed Fermentation Saison; BTL - $12.5)
- Mad Meg (Mixed Fermentation Strong Blond Ale; BTL - $12.5)
- Snorkel (Saison w/ Smoked Salt & Mushroom; BTL - $12.5)
- Wytchmaker (Brett IPA w/ Rye; BTL - $12.5)
- Kollaborationsbier (Mixed Fermentation Blond Ale; BTL - $12.5)
- Le Petite Prince (Mixed Fermentation Saison; BTL - $11)