CANTILLON ZWANZE DAY 2019 AT THE SOVEREIGN!
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 28th @ 10 AM
The Sovereign is incredibly honored to once again host Cantillon's Zwanze Day on Saturday, September 28th. One of our favorite days of the year, we are humbled to join 70 of the best beer bars and breweries from across the globe in pouring Zwanze 2019.
As in year’s past, we will open our doors at 10 AM to presell tickets for pours of Zwanze 2019. We will not tap the keg until 3 PM sharp, when we join the other Zwanze Day breweries, bars and bottle shops in a worldwide toast.
Contrary to past iterations of Zwanze, this beer is not the result of a special blend or the addition of a special fruit, but of a wholly unique brew -- a smoked Lambic! Zwanze 2019 strikes a balance between the acidic character of Lambic and the woodiness of the smoked malt. The result is a fine Gueuze with the classic notes of a Cantillon beer, complemented by an elegant smokiness in the nose and on the palate.
The Sovereign will also feature 20+ special bottles of Lambic and American spontaneous for Zwanze Day. Highlights include rarities such as Cantillon 100% Lambic Bio 2005, Tilquin Oude Pinot Noir A L'Ancienne 2017/2018, Drie Fonteinen Hommage 2016 and many more!
Last but not least, guests will also be able to purchase commemorate Zwanze Day t-shirts and glassware. Please plan to arrive early for Zwanze Day merchandise, as supplies are very limited.
Beginning at 10 AM, we will presell tickets for pours of Zwanze 2019, which will not be served until 3 PM. All other Cantillon drafts will be tapped and available for purchase at 10 AM. There is no admission fee for this event. Tickets and seating will be available on a first come, first serve basis. The menu is subject to change without notice.
THE OFFICIAL CANTILLON ZWANZE DAY 2019 LIST:
**Tickets available at 10 AM; Tapping at 3pm**
- Zwanze 2019 (Smoked Lambic)
**Tapping at 10 AM**
- Gueuze 100% Lambic (Gueuze)
- Kriek (Lambic w/ Cherries)
- Magic Lambic (Lambic w/ Raspberries, Blueberries & Vanilla)
- Nath (Lambic w/ Rhubarb)
- St. Lamvinus Grand Cru (Lambic w/ Merlot Grapes)
THE OFFICIAL ZWANZE DAY FEATURED BOTTLE LIST:
- Cantillon Lou Pepe Gueuze 2013 (Gueuze)
- Cantillon 100% Lambic Bio 2005 (Gueuze)
- Cantillon St. Lamvinus Reserve 2014 (Lambic w/ Merlot Grapes)
- Allagash Coolship Resurgam 2017 (Wild Ale)
- Boon Horal Oude Geuze Mega Blend - Toer De Geuze 2013 (Gueuze)
- Black Project Cygnus Cherry: Blend A 2017 (Wild Ale w/ Cherries)
- Black Project Oxcart 2018 (Wild Ale)
- De Cam Tros-Bessen 2013 (Lambic w/ Red Currants)
- De Cam Wild Bosbessen (Lambic w/ Blueberries)
- Drie Fonteinen Hommage 2016 (Lambic w/ Raspberries & Cherries)
- Drie Fonteinen Framboos Harvest 2017 (Lambic w/ Raspberries)
- De Ranke Mirakel 2018 (Guezue)
- Lambiek Fabriek Brett-Elle Oude Geuze 2018 (Guezue)
- Lambiek Fabriek Fontan-Elle Young & Wild 2018 (Guezue)
- Tilquin Oude Pinot Gris A L'Ancienne 2017/2018 (Lambic w/ Pinot Gris Grapes)
- Tilquin Oude Pinot Noir A L'Ancienne 2017/2018 (Lambic w/ Pinot Noir Grapes)
- Jester King 2018 Spon: Shiraz & Cabernet Sauvignon (Wild Ale w/ Wine Grapes)
- Jester King 2018 Spon: Raspberry & Cherry (Wild Ale w/ Raspberry & Cherry)
- Jester King 2018 Spon: Muscat (Wild Ale w/ Muscat Grapes)
- Oxbow Native/Wild 2015/2016 (Wild Ale)
- Pen Druid Part III (Wild Ale)
- The Veil Closer Glimpse (Wild Ale)
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 12TH @ 2 PM - 6 PM
Snallygaster is the district’s beastliest beer festival, bar none. And on October 12th, the monster makes its triumphant return to Pennsylvania Ave for its eighth year as a rollicking salute to craft beer. Festival goers can expect an unbelievable array of 400+ highly sought-after brews from 150+ of the finest American and international producers, set against a backdrop of local food trucks and two stages of live music. Brought to you by the minds behind Bluejacket, ChurchKey and more, this is far and away the biggest event of the year for beer geeks of every stripe.
★ ★ ★
SNALLYGASTER 2019 PASSES
Pay a flat fee for your admission + unlimited beer and wine tastings. Food and merch can be purchased with cash or credit card throughout the venue. There are two advance pass options:
The Kraken | General Admission | $50
Grants you entry to the festival at 2 PM, a commemorative tasting glass, plus unlimited imbibing all day long. Purchase here: giftrocker.com/krakenpass
The Basilisk | VIP | $100
Grants you early entry at 12 PM for 2 hours of first access to all 400+ beers (including the rarest, most limited supply selections), exclusive VIP amenities, a commemorative tasting glass, plus unlimited imbibing all day long. Purchase here: giftrocker.com/basiliskpass
★ ★ ★
Follow the beast on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram [@snallygasterdc], where we’ll unleash updates on the brewers, beers, bands, food trucks + more in the coming months, and head to snallygasterdc.com for the rest of the deets.