3 FONTEINEN RARE & OBSCURE: FEAT. ZENNE Y FRONTERA, SPELING VAN HET RELEASES + MORE!
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 22ND @ 11 AM
Join The Sovereign on Saturday, February 22nd as we pour an unbelievable lineup from 3 Fonteinen. On this night, we will showcase 20 of their world-famous lambics, including 14 selections rarely found outside of Belgium!
Don’t miss your chance to try a dozen beers from the “Speling Van Het” series. These special "Twist of Fate" small batch brews experiment with different barrels, fruit macerations and blends. In addition to those wonderful experiments, we’ll feature both Batch #5 and Batch #6 from the Zenne y Frontera series -- a line of blended lambics aged in Sherry barrels.
There is no admission fee for this event. All 3 Fonteinen beers will be poured from the bottle and priced individually in 4 oz. tasting pours. The beer list is subject to change without notice.
THE 3 FONTEINEN RARE & OBSCURE LIST:
- Cuvee Armand & Gaston 2018 (Gueuze w/ 100% 3F Lambic)
- Hommage 2018 (Lambic w/ Payottenland Raspberries & Cherries)
- Intense Rood 2018 (Kriek Lambic)
- Oude Geuze 2015 (Gueuze)
- Oude Gueuze 2018 (Gueuze)
- Oude Kriek 2015 (Kriek Lambic)
- SVH: Aardbeiiteraties Aardbei (Lambic w/ Strawberries)
- SVH: Aardbeiiteraties Bio Aardbei (Bordeaux BA Lambic w/ Strawberries)
- SVH: Aardbei & Kriek (Lambic w/ Strawberries & Cherries)
- SVH: Ferme Framboos Blended & Alive (Framboise Lambic w/ Honey)
- SVH: Nocturne Het Uur Van De Wolf (Lambic w/ Light & Dark Malts & Honey)
- SVH: Nocturne Valavond (Lambic w/ Light Malts & Honey)
- SVH: Schaarbeekse (+Framboos) On A Toast (Lambic w/ Schaarbeekse Cherries & Raspberries)
- SVH: Schaarbeekse On A Toast (Medium) (Kriek Lambic w/ Schaarbeekse Cherries)
- SVH: Zotte Kadeeën Framboos & Braam (Lambic w/ Raspberries & Blackberries)
- SVH: Zotte Kadeeën Pruim (Bordeaux BA Lambic w/ Plums)
- SVH: Zotte Kadeeën Rabarber (Bordeaux BA Lambic w/ Rhubarb)
- SVH: Zotte Kadeeën II Cassis (Bordeaux BA Lambic w/ Black Currants)
- Zenne y Frontera: Batch 5 (Oloroso & PX Sherry BA Lambic)
- Zenne y Frontera: Batch 6 (Oloroso & PX Sherry BA Lambic)
THE SOVEREIGN PRESENTS GOUDEN CAROLUS VAN DE KEIZER DAY 2020
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 24TH @ 5 PM
Join us on Monday, February 24th, as we celebrate Van de Keizer Day 2020 with the fine folks from Gouden Carolus. On this day, we’ll offer 7 different Gouden Carolus beers in honor of the 520th birthday of Holy Roman Emperor Charles V!
Gouden Carolus, or “Golden Charles,” takes its name from the golden coins used during Charles V’s reign. Each year on February 24th, the brewery celebrates the birthday of Charles V by brewing two special beers, Cuvée Van de Keizer Imperial Dark and Imperial Blond.
This year’s celebration includes both Cuvée Van de Keizer beers, plus four vintages of Cuvée Van de Keizer Imperial Dark -- 2018, 2016, 2007 and 2000! As an added bonus, guests will receive a free commemorative Van de Keizer Day glass while supplies last.
There is no admission fee for this event. All Gouden Carolus beer will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. pours.
THE OFFICIAL GOUDEN CAROLUS VAN DE KEIZER DAY 2020 LIST
- Classic (Strong Dark Ale; Draft)
- Cuvée Van De Keizer Imperial Blond (Strong Blond Ale; Draft)
- Cuvée Van De Keizer Imperial Dark 2000 (Strong Dark Ale; BTL Pour)
- Cuvée Van De Keizer Imperial Dark 2007 (Strong Dark Ale; BTL Pour)
- Cuvée Van De Keizer Imperial Dark 2016 (Strong Dark Ale; BTL Pour)
- Cuvée Van De Keizer Imperial Dark 2018 (Strong Dark Ale; Draft)
- Tripel (Tripel; Draft)
THE SOVEREIGN CELEBRATES ORVAL DAY 2020
SATURDAY, MARCH 21ST @ 12 PM
Please visit The Sovereign on Saturday, March 21st as we join the top beer bars from across the globe in celebrating Orval Day 2020.
One of the most important beers to ever come out of Belgium, Orval is an amber-hued Saison that is dry-hopped, then finished with Brettanomyces. Intensely aromatic and dry, this one-of-a-kind beer is as complex as it is unique. One of only 14 officially recognized Trappist breweries across the world; all Orval beer is brewed within the walls of Notre Dame d’Orval Monastery. The alluring complexity of this iconoclastic beer has made it a world classic, one that has inspired a generation of brewers across the globe to craft bone-dry beers of mixed-fermentation.
By participating in this event, you are also contributing to a great cause. On this day, Orval will donate proceeds from each bottle sold to the Safe Water Network, which provides clean, sustainable water to Ghana & India.
There is no admission fee for this event. Bottles of Orval will be specially priced at $9 for this event.