THE DE DOLLE BROUWERS VINTAGE FLIGHT NIGHT
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 13TH @ 5 PM
Join The Sovereign on Wednesday, March 13th as we showcase our extensive collection of De Dolle beers. On this occasion, we will feature 15 different beers from the Belgian brewery, including 4 vintage flights!
Known as the "Mad Brewers", De Dolle has been producing amazing Belgian Strong Ales since 1980. These bold & robust beers develop gracefully over time, making them perfect candidates for aging.
Come and see for yourself with one of four specially selected flights. Each flight will feature 3 different vintages a different De Dolle classic -- Dulle Teve, Oerbier, Oerbier Special Reserva and Stile Nacht.
Not to be outdone, we’re also featuring fresh kegs of De Dolle Special Export Stout, Bos Keun and Arabier.
There is no admission fee for this event. All De Dolle beers will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. tasting pours
THE OFFICIAL DE DOLLE BROUWERS DRAFT LIST
- Arabier (Strong Blond Ale)
- Bos Keun (Strong Pale Ale)
- Dulle Teve 2015 (Strong Pale Ale)
- Dulle Teve 2018 (Strong Pale Ale)
- Oerbier 2018 (Strong Dark Ale)
- Special Extra Export Stout (Imperial Stout)
THE OFFICIAL DE DOLLE BROUWERS BOTTLE LIST
- Dulle Teve 2014 (Strong Pale Ale)
- Oerbier 2014 (Strong Dark Ale)
- Oerbier 2016 (Strong Dark Ale)
- Oerbier Special Reserva 2012 (Sour Brown Ale)
- Oerbier Special Reserva 2013 (Sour Brown Ale)
- Oerbier Special Reserva 2015 (Sour Brown Ale)
- Stille Nacht 2013 (Strong Pale Ale)
- Stille Nacht 2015 (Strong Pale Ale)
- Stille Nacht 2017 (Strong Pale Ale)
THE OFFICIAL DE DOLLE BROUWERS VINTAGE FLIGHTS
- Dulle Teve Flight (2014, 2015 & 2018 Vintages)
- Oerbier Flight (2014, 2016 & 2018 Vintages)
- Oerbier Special Reserva Flight (2012, 2013 & 2015 Vintages)
- Stille Nacht Flight (2013, 2015 & 2017 Vintages)
THE SOVEREIGN'S MARCH MADNESS BOTTLE BRACKET: 68 1/2 PRICE RARE BTLS!
THURSDAY, MARCH 21ST - SUNDAY, MARCH 24TH @ 12 PM
Join us from Thursday, March 21st to Sunday, March 24th, as we tip-off of NCAA March Madness by offering 68 different bottles at half price, all day and all night long. Whether you are aiming for an old favorite or are searching for an underdog, we're sure to find the bottle for you!
Beginning at 12 PM on each day, The Sovereign will offer 68 of beer director Greg Engert’s personal picks at some unbelievable prices. Notables include Cantillon Classic Gueuze 2017, Tilquin Quetsche 2016/2017 and De Dolle Oerbier Special Reserva 2015. If that wasn’t enough, we’re also featuring some exquisite bottles from some of our favorite American breweries, including The Veil No More Sleep, Jester King Biere Blanc du Bois, and Casey Cherry Fruit Stand: Bing.
The Sovereign will be opening up early at 11:30 AM on Thursday, March 21st. There is no admission fee for the event. Bottles will be 50% off the regular menu price. Specials will be available all day on both floors.
THE SOVEREIGN'S MARCH MADNESS BOTTLE BRACKET LIST
- Allagash Emile (Pineau des Charantes BA Sour Brown Ale)
- Allagash Evora (Brandy BA Strong Blond Ale)
- Allagash FV 13 (Sour Brown Ale)
- Allagash James & Julie (Sour Brown Ale)
- American Solera Amber Canyon Magik (Pinot Noir BA Saison)
- American Solera Cranbarrel (Oak BA Sour Red Ale w/ Cranberry)
- Anchorage Anadromous (Whiskey & Red Wine BA Sour Brown Ale)
- Anchorage Mosaic Saison (Oak BA Saison)
- Anchorage Love Buzz (Red Wine BA Saison w/ Rose Hips, Peppercorns & Orange Peels)
- Blaugies La Monuese (Saison)
- Boon Oude Geuze Black Label 2015 (Gueuze)
- Bruery Terreux Tonnellerie Rue 2015 (Oak Saison w/ Rye)
- Cantillon Classic Gueuze 2017 (Gueuze)
- Cascade Cranberry Ale (Sour Red Ale w/ Cranberries, Cinnamon & Hibiscus)
- Casey Cherry Fruit Stand: Bing (Oak BA Saison w/ Cherry)
- Casey Saison (Oak BA Saison)
- Crooked Stave L’Brett d’Cherry 2015 (Oak BA Sour Red Ale w/ Cherry)
- Crooked Stave Serenata Notturna Reserva: Blueberry (Sour Red Ale w/ Blueberries)
- De Dolle Dulle Teve 2016 (Strong Pale Ale)
- De Dolle Oerbier Special Reserva 2015 (Red Wine BA Sour Brown Ale)
- De Leite Fils A Papa IV (Wine BA Sour Brown Ale)
- De Leite Merci Maman (Blond Ale)
- De Ranke Cuvée De Ranke 2016 (Strong Blond Ale & Lambic)
- Drie Fonteinen Oude Geuze 2016 (Gueuze)
- Drie Fonteinen Doesjel 2015 (Gueuze)
- Drie Fonteinen Oude Kriek 2016 (Kriek Lambic)
- Drie Fonteinen Zwet.Be (Porter)
- Dunham Assemblage #1 (Red Wine BA Saison)
- Dunham Propolis (Witbier)
- E9 Du Vieux Monde (Oak BA Saison)
- E9 Catharsis (Oak BA Saison)
- Eric Bordelet Sidre Brut (Cider)
- Fantome Pissenlit (Saison w/ Dandelion)
- Fantome Vertignasse (Saison w/ Spinach & Spices)
- Girardin Black Label 2017 (Gueuze)
- Girardin Kriek (Kriek)
- Grimm Psychokinesis (Oak BA Sour Blond Ale)
- Hanssens Oudbeitje (Oak BA Lambic w/ Strawberry)
- Hof Ten Dormaal Kriek 2017 (Kriek)
- Jackie O's Distant Corners (Saison w/ Rice & Oolong Tea)
- Jester King Biere de Blanc du Bois (Oak BA Sour Blond Ale w/ Wine Grapes)
- Jester King Deimos' Companion (Oak BA Papalo & Lime)
- Jester King Kollaborationsbier (Oak BA Pale Lager)
- Jester King Snorkel (Saison w/ Smoked Sea Salt & Oyster Mushrooms)
- Jolly Pumpkin Bam Di Castagna (Oak BA Saison w/ Chestnut)
- Jolly Pumpkin IO Saison (Oak BA Saison w/ Rose & Hibiscus)
- Jolly Pumpkin La Roja 2016 (Oak BA Sour Red Ale)
- Jolly Pumpkin Oro de Calabaza: Grand Reserva #1 (Oak BA Strong Blond Ale)
- Oxbow Crossfade (Saison w/ Brettanomyces)
- Oxbow Barrel-Aged Farmhouse Pale Ale #10 (Oak BA Saison w/ Brett)
- Perennial Foeder Saison (Oak BA Saison)
- Perennial Funky Wit (Oak BA Witbier)
- Rulles Saison (Saison)
- Rulles Triple (Tripel)
- Saint Somewhere Lectio Divina (Dubbel w/ Brett)
- Saint Somewhere Bouteille Vert (Saison w/ Brett, Honey & Citrus Fruit)
- Struise Pannepot Reserva 2018 (Oak BA Strong Dark Ale)
- Struise Rio Reserva: St. Emilion & Bourbon (Wine & Bourbon BA Strong Dark Ale)
- Struise Tsjeeses Reserva: Bourbon (Bourbon BA Strong Pale Ale)
- Thiriez Blond (Blond Ale)
- Thiriez Vielle Brune (Oak BA Sour Brown Ale)
- Tilquin Gueuze 2016/2017 (Gueuze)
- Tilquin Quetsche 17/18 (Lambic w/ Plums)
- Tilquin Rullquin 16/17 (Lambic & Stout)
- The Veil No More Sleep (Oak BA Saison)
- Verzet Oud Bruin Vineyard (Oak BA Sour Brown Ale w/ Grapes)
THE SOVEREIGN CELEBRATES ORVAL DAY 2019
SATURDAY, MARCH 23RD @ 12 PM
Please visit The Sovereign on Saturday, March 23rd as we join the top beer bars from across the globe in celebrating Orval Day 2019.
One of the most important beers to ever come out of Belgium, Orval is an amber-hued Saison that is dry-hopped, then finished with Brettanomyces. Intensely aromatic and dry, this one-of-a-kind beer is as complex as it is unique. One of only 12 officially recognized Trappist breweries across the world; all Orval beer is brewed within the walls of Notre Dame d’Orval Monastery. The alluring complexity of this iconoclastic beer has made it a world classic, one that has inspired a generation of brewers across the globe to craft bone-dry beers of mixed-fermentation.
By participating in this event, you are also contributing to a great cause. On this day, Orval will donate proceeds from each bottle sold to the Safe Water Network, which provides clean, sustainable water to Ghana & India.
There is no admission fee for this event. Bottles of Orval will be specially priced for this event.
THE GRIMM ARTISANAL ALES EXTRAVAGANZA
SATURDAY, MARCH 30TH @ 12 PM
Join The Sovereign on Saturday, March 30th as we host our good friends from Grimm Artisanal Ales. On this day, we'll feature 17 incredible beers from the Brooklyn-based brewery!
The fine folks at Grimm have sent us an incredible lineup of beers for this special occasion. Headlining the list are a slew of fruited sour ales, including Blueberry Pop!, Purple Prose and Niceties.
Not to be outdone, we'll also showcase some of their exceptionally fresh and vibrant hoppy brews -- Energy Field, Hyperfocus Cashmere and Zonk.
There is no admission fee for this event. All Grimm beers will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. tasting pours.
THE GRIMM ARTISANAL ALES EXTRAVAGANZA DRAFT LIST
- Blueberry Pop! (Dessert Berliner Weisse w/ Blueberries & Milk Sugar)
- Castling (Saison)
- Chocolate Cherry Icing on the Cake (Imperial Stout w/ Cherry, Cocoa, Vanilla & Milk Sugar)
- Double Negative (Imperial Stout)
- Energy Field (Double IPA w/ Galaxy, Amarillo, & Centennial)
- Hyperfocus Cashmere (Double IPA w/ Cashmere)
- Lilt (Barrel-Aged Golden Sour Ale w/ Tart Cherries)
- Maximum Delight (Double IPA w/ Citra & Idaho 7)
- Midheaven (Sour Blond Ale w/ Apricots)
- Niceties (Barrel-Aged Golden Sour Ale w/ Pineapple)
- Purple Prose (Foeder-Fermented Sour Ale w/ Cassis & Raspberries)
- Rubus Rebus (Foeder-Fermented Sour Ale w/ Raspberries)
- Shadow Work (Sour Brown Ale)
- Spiritual Consultant (IPA w/ Mosaic & Rakau)
- Super Spruce (Gose w/ Spruce Tips & Chinook)
- Today's Special: Mandarina (Pale Ale w/ Mandarina Bavaria)
- Zonk (Triple IPA w/ Mosaic, Citra & Galaxy)
THE SOVEREIGN'S THIRD ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION
SATURDAY, APRIL 6TH @ 12 PM
Join The Sovereign on Saturday, April 6th as we celebrate our third anniversary! To mark the occasion, we will feature 25 world-renowned beers from our favorite producers, including Cantillon, Hill Farmstead, Allagash and more!
On this very special day, we will tap 3 extremely rare Cantillon kegs. Making it's DC debut is Carignan, a two-year-old Lambic matured on French wine grapes. Not to be outdone, we'll also pour Fou'Foune and Saint Lamvinus, two world-renowned classics.
Our friends from Hill Farmstead & Allagash have also sent us an amazing collection of brews, such as Hill Farmstead's Convivial Suarez and Clara, as well as Allagash's Coolship Red & Coolship Resurgam.
Last but not least, we have assembled a list of amazing spontaneously fermented beers, from classic Lambic producers like Drie Fonteinen, De Cam & Tilquin, as well as contemporary brewers Pen Druid & Jester King!
There is no admission fee for this event. All featured drafts will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. tasting pours. Featured bottles will be available in 4 oz. tasting pours.
THE OFFICIAL THIRD ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION LIST:
- Allagash Coolship Red (Oak BA Wild Ale w/ Raspberry; Draft)
- Allagash Coolship Resurgam (Oak BA Wild Ale; Draft)
- Allagash FV 13 (Sour Blond Ale; Draft)
- Cantillon Carignan (Lambic w/ Carignan Grapes; Draft)
- Cantillon Fou'Foune (Lambic w/ Apricot; Draft)
- Cantillon St. Lamvinus Saint Lamvinus (Lambic w/ Merlot & Cab Franc Grapes; Draft)
- De Cam Framboise-Lambiek (Lambic w/ Raspberry; BTL Pour)
- Drie Fonteinen Cuvee Armand & Gaston (Gueuze Lambic; BTL Pour)
- Drie Fonteinen Framboos (Lambic w/ Raspberry; BTL Pour)
- Drie Fonteinen Hommage (Lambic w/ Raspberry & Cherry: BTL Pour)
- Hill Farmstead Clara (Grisette; Draft)
- Hill Farmstead Convivial Suarez (Saison w/ Hibiscus & Lemon; Draft)
- Hill Farmstead Florence (Saison; Draft)
- Jester King SPON (Oak BA Wild Ale; Draft)
- Jester King SPON Grapefruit (Oak BA Wild Ale w/ Grapefruit; Draft)
- Pen Druid Mures de Fantaisie (Wild Ale w/ Blackberry; Draft)
- Pen Druid TBD
- Struise Black Damnation XXVI: Froggie (Wine BA Imperial Stout; Draft)
- Struise Dark Horse Reserva (Wine BA Wild Ale; Draft)
- Tilquin Groseille (Lambic w/ Black Current; BTL Pour)
- Tlquin Mure (Lambic w/ Blackberry; Draft)
- The Veil Illusion of Blis (Cherry Wine BA Saison; BTL Pour)
- The Veil TBD
- The Veil TBD
- The Veil TBD
THE DC EASTER KEG HUNT 2019
THURSDAY, APRIL 11TH - SUNDAY, APRIL 14TH @ 4PM
Celebrate Easter early this year with the first ever DC Easter Keg Hunt. From Thursday, April 11th through Sunday, April 14th, join ChurchKey, Bluejacket, The Sovereign & The Partisan for a craft beer-themed scavenger hunt across The District. The hoppy hunt is on!
HOW TO PLAY
Starting on Thursday, April 11th, pick up your official Easter Keg Hunt scorecard at any of the participating locations -- ChurchKey, Bluejacket, The Sovereign or The Partisan. Each location will have a different clue hinting at a special beer on the draft list. Find the secret beer at all 4 locations by Sunday, April 14th, and win a FREE limited-edition commemorative DC Easter Keg Hunt 2019 hooded sweatshirt (retail value $45). Winners will be automatically entered into a drawing for one of the five grand prizes.
- Belgian beer tasting for four (4) people at The Sovereign w/ Greg Engert, NRG Beer Director.
- Private brewery tour & tasting for (4) people at Bluejacket w/ Ro Guenzel, Director of Brewery Operations.
- “Shared Supper” beer & food experience for two (2) people at Birch & Barley/ChurchKey.
- A one (1) month subscription to Red Apron's "Biggie" Butcher’s Box.
- Four (4) VIP tickets to the beastliest beer festival of the year -- Snallygaster 2019!
Increase your odds of winning a grand prize package by completing any of the following tasks. Each completed task will receive an extra stamp on your scorecard. The more stamps you have, the more chances you have at winning a grand prize.
- Solve a more difficult clue to find the "bonus" beer at each location.
- Dressing up in costume.
- Find the special "Easter Kegs" hidden at each location.
- Tag any participating location on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter with the hashtag #DCEasterKegHunt.
- And lastly, show us your receipts when turning in your card. We’ll give you up to four extra stamps for every $25 spent over $50 during the event. ($50, $75, $100, $125)
For more information, and a sneak peek at the limited edition hooded sweatshirt, follow any of the DC Easter Keg Hunt locations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter leading up to the event!
- Official scorecards can be picked up at any participating location.
- Participants must order a full sized pour of the secret Easter Keg Hunt beers to receive a stamp.
- Completed scorecards must be turned in at ChurchKey.
- All sweatshirts must be picked up at Churchkey.
- Completed scorecards must be turned in by Sunday, April 14th, 2019 to win a prize.
- Grand prize package winners will be contacted via e-mail and announced on social media the week of April 15th, 2019.
- Please drink responsibly. This is not a race. There is no prize for finishing first.
THE STILLWATER PRETERNATURAL CUVÉE PROJECT TASTING W/ BRIAN STRUMKE
SUNDAY, APRIL 14TH @ 12 PM
Join The Sovereign on Sunday, April 14th as we welcome Brian Strumke of Stillwater Artisanal Ales. On this afternoon, Brian will host an intimate tasting of all 5 beers from the Preternatural Cuvée Project, a series of his most intriguing and special barrel-aged beer-wine hybrids!
In 2014, Stillwater Artisanal procured a truckload of freshly emptied California wine barrels and filled them with a mix of blond and dark Saisons. These beers were then blended and aged with varying amounts of assorted California-source wine grapes. After 3 years in oak barrels, roughly 2 years of bottle conditioning, and many blending and tasting sessions, Stillwater is finally ready to release these 5 beautiful beer-wine hybrids. Don't miss your chance to try these incredibly complex and beautiful beers, a project 5 years in the making!
Beginning at 12 PM, Brian will guide guests through a private tasting of each beer in the Preternatural Cuvée Project. All guests will receive one 4 oz. tasting portion of each beer. Reservations are required. Please book soon, as space is extremely limited.
The Stillwater Preternatural Cuvee Project tasting will begin promptly at 12 PM in the upstairs bar. Tickets are $35 each, plus tax. Reservations are available emailing email@example.com or by calling The Sovereign at (202) 774-5875.
THE OFFICIAL STILLWATER PRETERNATURAL CUVÉE PROJECT TASTING
- Preternatural Cuvée 1 (Oak BA Saison w/ Sauvignon Blanc Grapes)
- Preternatural Cuvée 2 (Oak BA Saison w/ Viognier Grapes)
- Preternatural Cuvée 3 (Oak BA Saison w/ Cabernet Sauvignon, Sauvignon Blanc & Viognier Grapes)
- Preternatural Cuvée 4 (Oak BA Saison w/ Viognier, Pinot Noir & Cabernet Sauvignon Grapes)
- Preternatural Cuvée 5 (Oak BA Saison w/ Petite Syrah Grapes)
THE SOVEREIGN PRESENTS THE FANTASTIC BEERS OF FANTOME
THURSDAY, APRIL 18TH @ 5 PM
Join the Sovereign on Thursday, April 18th, as we showcase the wonderful beers of Brasserie Fantôme. On this night, we’ll pour 15 phenomenal Saisons from the Belgian farmhouse brewery.
Founded in 1988 by Dany Prignon, Brasserie Fantôme is considered one of the world’s best brewers of Belgian Saison. Known for their artistry, Fantôme’s breaks all the rules when it comes to brewing, refusing to stick to set recipes or style guidelines.
Highlights from the list include the bright green Magic Ghost, brewed with green tea; and Ghost in the Kettle, a collaboration with Saint Somewhere, Barley Forge & Beancurdturtle.
There is no admission fee for this event. All Fantôme beers will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. tasting pours
THE OFFICIAL FANTASTIC BEERS OF FANTOME LIST
- Artist No.2 (Saison: BTL Pour)
- BBB Dark White (Blond Ale w/ Black Pepper: BTL Pour)
- Brise-BonBons (Saison: BTL Pour)
- Coffee Ruby (Saison w/ Coffee: BTL Pour)
- De Sergio (Saison w/ Spices: Draft)
- DMD (Stout Collab w/ Birrificio Math; BTL Pour)
- Fantome In Flowers (Saison: Parasite Produktions Collab: Draft)
- Ghost In The Kettle (Saison; St Somewhere, Barley Forge & Beancurdturtle Collab: Draft)
- Hiver (Saison: Draft)
- La Dalmatienne (Saison w/ Spices: Draft)
- Lea's Journey (Saison: BTL Pour)
- Magic Ghost (Saison w/ Green Tea: Draft)
- Noel (Saison w/ Spices: Draft)
- Pissenlit (Saison w/ Dandelions: BTL Pour)
- Saison (Saison w/ Spices: Draft)